XY on XY
- Strong, Lester Q., 1946- Waggoner, David
- XY on XY
- Albany: Galleries of Monroe Press,
- 45 p.: ill., 8 1/2 x 11 in.
- No. G of A through XX. Signed by artists. Illustrated by artists.
- "XY on XY" - which translates easily from the terminology of genetics into colloquial English as "Male on Male" - explores from the inside what it means to be a gay man in our hypocritical society. Its subject amtter encompasses experiences and issues encountered daily by most gay men: love requited and not requited, relationships, promiscuity, public sex, AIDS, coming out, dealing with family and friends, sexual fantasies, pornography, confronting homophobic social bias, learning to like living in your own skin despite all the antigay bigotry coninually thrown in your face. Above all "XY on XY" is an artists' book, produced by two gay men who are both verbal and visual artists. It consists of two prose pieces each, three drawings of male nudes each, and dialogues between the two of us on the writings and the visual art.
- Kinsey subjects
- Artists' books. Book arts. Drawing. Painting. Men in art. Homosexual artists. Literature. Men in literature. Homosexuality. Homosexual anal coitus. Homophobia. AIDS. Love. Family. Family disorganization. Erotica. Fantasies. Social conditions.