Mad men, mad world : sex, politics, style, and the 1960s
Mad men, mad world : sex, politics, style, and the 1960s / Lauren M. E. Goodlad, Lilya Kaganovsky, Robert A. Rushing, editors.
Durham : Duke University Press, 2013.
x, 421 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Other contributors
Goodlad, Lauren M. E.
Rushing, Robert A.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -409) and index.
- Maddening times : Mad men in its history / Dana Polan
- Mad space / Dianne Harris
- Representing the mad margins of the early 1960s : Northern civil rights and the blues idiom / Clarence Lang
- After the sex, what? A feminist reading of reproductive history in Mad Men / Leslie J. Reagan
- The writer as producer; or, The hip figure after HBO / Michael Szalay
- The shock of the banal : Mad Men's progressive realism / Caroline Levine
- Mod men / Jim Hansen
- Swing skirts and swinging singles : Mad men, fashion, and cultural memory / Mabel Rosenheck
- Against depth : looking at surface through the Kodak carousel / Irene V. Small
- "It will shock you how much this never happened" : Antonioni and Mad men / Robert A. Rushing
- Media madness : multiple identity (dis)orders in Mad men / Lynne Joyrich
- "Maidenform" : Masculinity as Masquerade / Lilya Kaganovsky
- History gets in your eyes : Mad men, misrecognition, and the masculine mystique / Jeremy Varon
- The homosexual and the single girl / Alexander Doty
- Mad men's postracial figuration of a racial past / Kent Ono
- The mad men in the attic : seriality and identity in the modern Babylon / Lauren M.E. Goodlad
- Change is gonna come, same as it ever was / Michael Bérubé.
In this comprehensive analysis of the TV series Mad Men, scholars explore the groundbreaking drama in relation to fashion, history, architecture, civil rights, feminism, consumerism, art, cinema, and the serial format.
- Kinsey subjects
Television and radio.
9780822354024 (cloth : alk. paper)
0822354020 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780822354185 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0822354187 (pbk. : alk. paper)