Nine lives of Morris : great tales from one cool cat
- Taylor, Morris L. author
- Nine lives of Morris : great tales from one cool cat / stories, poems and watercolor by Morris L. Taylor ; edited by Jonathan Taylor
- San Francisco, California : A & A Publishers,  ©2015
- 121 pages : color illustrations ; 20 x 26 cm
- Other contributors
- Taylor, Jonathan, editor.
- Morris Taylor is a contemporary version of the renaissance man. Throughout his fourscore and more years he has displayed keen interest and considerable skill in the arts, religion, family and leather life. He has traveled the world giving classical piano concerts, master classes and lectures. His writing achievements range from scholarly papers in musicology to incisive poetry relating to gentle nature and gritty life. In retirement years, Taylor has become a watercolor artist. His thirty one-person shows range from San Francisco's Grace Cathedral to the Center for Sex and Culture and Chicago's Leather Archives and Museum. For four decades Doctor Taylor was on the faculty of Christian universities retiring as Professor Emeritus of Music. In the capacity of his missionary credential, he has taught Bible classes and established a Seventh-day Advent's church in Appalachia. With his wife Elaine he toured as a duo piano team. When the children were teens, Lucille, Leonard, Lowell and Lyndon became the prominent Taylor String Quartet winning national prizes and performing under management. In his sixties Morris acted upon his inherent homosexuality. He came simultaneously as a kinky person into sado-masochism. He is the oldest title holder in the leather community, International Master 2013. A documentary film is being made of Taylor's life.
- Subject headings
- Taylor, Morris L. Autobiography. Watercolor painting.
- Kinsey subjects
- Biographies of homosexuals. Homosexual artists.