Sociology in our times
Lothian Murray, Jane, 1960-
Sociology in our times / Jane Lothian Murray (University of Winnipeg), Rick Linden (University of Manitoba), Diana Kendall (Baylor University).
Seventh Canadian edition.
Toronto, Ontario : Nelson Education, 
xxiv, 645 pages : illustrations (chiefly colour) ; 28 cm
- Other contributors
Revision of: Kendall, Diana Elizabeth. Sociology in our times.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 606-627) and indexes.
- Part One: Studying Society. The Sociological Perspective
- Sociological Research
- Part Two: The Nature of Social Life. Culture
- Society, Social Structure, and Interaction
- Groups and Organizations
- Part Three: Social Differences and Social Inequality. Crime and Deviance
- Social Class and Stratification in Canada
- Global Stratification
- Ethnic Relations and Race
- Part Four: Social Institutions. Sex, Sexualities, and Intimate Relationships
- Health, Healthcare, and Disability
- Mass Media
- Part Five: Social Dynamics and Social Change. The Economy and Work
- Sociology and the Environment
- Collective Behaviour, Social Movements, and Social Change.
"Sociology in Our Times is a popular introductory sociology text used at both colleges and universities. Sociology in Our Times systematically frames each chapter in the text with each of the five main theoretical perspectives: functionalist, conflict, feminist, symbolic interactionist, and postmodernist."-- Provided by publisher.
- Subject headings
- Kinsey subjects