Sexual grooming : integrating research, practice, prevention, and policy
- Winters, Georgia M.
- Sexual grooming : integrating research, practice, prevention, and policy / Georgia M. Winters, Elizabeth L. Jeglic.
- Cham, Switzerland : Springer, 
- xv, 267 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Other contributors
- Jeglic, Elizabeth L.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- "This book provides and in-depth overview of the current research on sexual grooming. It explores the process by which and individual seeking to commit a sexual offense skillfully manipulates a potential victim into situations in which abuse can be more readily committed, while simultaneouslypreventing disclosure and detection. This volume addresses this understudied phenomenon and comprehensively examines what is currently known about the construct. It provides a thorough introduction to the sexual grooming literature, focusing on the history of the term and how sexual grooming strategies have become more publicly recognized through high-profile cases, as well as those in child-serving organizations (e.g. Catholic Church, Boy Scouts of America). The book reviews the various proposed models of sexual grooming - including the Sexual Grooming Model (SMG) - tha tdetail the overarching steps or stages involved in the process." -- from back of book.