Egon Schiele : art, sexuality, and Viennese modernism
Egon Schiele : art, sexuality, and Viennese modernism / edited by Patrick Werkner.
Palo Alto, Calif. : Society for the Promotion of Science and Scholarship, c1994.
x, 165 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Other contributors
Schiele, Egon, 1890-1918.
Stanford University. Department of Art
"Lectures given at the symposium 'Egon Schiele and His Time: Vienna 1890-1918,' which was held at the Art Department of Stanford University in May 1990"--Pref.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Drawing and a new sexual intimacy / Rodin and Schiele
- The response of early Viennese expressionism to Vincent van Gogh / Almut Krapf- Weiler
- The child-woman and hysteria: images of the female body in the art of Schiele, in Viennese modernism, and today / Patrick Werkner
- Egon Schiele as representative of an alternative aestheticism / Manfred Wagner
- The "obscene" in Viennese architecture of the early twentieth century / Peter Haiko
- Egon Schiele and Arnold Schonberg: The cultural politics of aesthetic innovation in Vienna, 1890-1918 / Leon Botstein
- Body as metaphor: aspects of the critique and crisis of language at the turn of the century with reference to Egon Schiele / Michael Huter.
- Subject headings
- Kinsey subjects
Nudes in art.