Philosophical perspectives on sex and love
Stewart, Robert M.
Philosophical perspectives on sex and love / edited by Robert M. Stewart.
New York, NY: Oxford University Press, 1995.
ix, 333 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references: p. 323-333.
- From The subjection of women / John Stewart Mill
- On the future of love: Rousseau and the radical feminists / Elizabeth Rapaport
- Feminist politics and feminist ethics: treating women as sex objects / Linda LeMoncheck
- What is feminism? / Michael Levin
- A first look at the pornography/civil rights ordinance: could pornography be the subordination of women? / Melinda Vadas
- A second look at pornography and the subordination of women / William Parent
- Should feminists oppose prostitution? / Laurie Shrage
- Moral criticism and the social meaning of prostitution / Robert Stewart
- Freud and perversion / Jerome Neu
- Sexual perversion / Thomas Nagel
- Is homosexuality bad sexuality? / Michael Ruse
- Sadomasochism: an ethical analysis / J. Roger Lee
- Of chastity and modesty / David Hume
- Duties towards the body in respect of sexual impulse / Immanuel Kant
- Crimina Carnis / Immanuel Kant
- In defense of promiscuity / Frederick Elliston
- Is adultery immoral / Richard A. Wasserstrom
- On the nature of rape / John H. Bogart
- From Symposium / Plato
- From The metaphysics of the love of the sexes / Arthur Schopenhauer
- Don Juan's Secret / Soren Kierkegaard
- First attitude toward others: love, language, masochism / Jean-Paul Sartre
- from The woman in love / Simone De Beauvoir
- Appraisal and bestowal / Irving Singer
- Reconciling Eros and Agape / Alan Soble
- Love's bond / Robert Nozick
- The virtue of (erotic) love / Robert C. Solomon
- From Nicomachean ethics / Aristotle
- The circumstances of justice: pluralism, community, and friendship / Neera Kapur Badhwar
- Paternalism and friendship / Ellen Fox
- Why lovers can't be friends / James Conlon
- What do grown children owe their parents? / Jane English
- The duties of grown children / Jeffrey Blustein
- Parents, children, and friendship / Anthony Graybosch.
- Kinsey subjects