Sexual cultures and the construction of adolescent identities
Sexual cultures and the construction of adolescent identities / edited by Janice M. Irvine.
Philadelphia, PA : Temple University Press, 1994.
ix, 325 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Other contributors
Irvine, Janice M.
Health, society, and policy
Includes bibliographical references.
- Cultural differences and adolescent sexualities / Janice M. Irvine
- Adolescent development: whose perspective? / Jill McLean Taylor
- Sexuality education for immigrant and minority students: developing a culturally appropriate curriculum / Janie Victoria Ward and Jill McLean Taylor
- Culture, context, and HIV infection: research on risk taking among adolescents / Lee Strunin
- Asian-American adolescents: issues in the expression of sexuality / Connie S. Chan
- AIDS and Latino adolescents / Luisa Medrano
- Homophobia, identity, and the meanings of desire: reflections on the cultural construction of gay and lesbian adolescent sexuality / Diane Raymond
- Daughters with disabilities: defective women or minority women? / Harilyn Rousso
- Keeping adolescents in the picture: construction of adolescent sexuality in textbook images and popular films / Miramne H. Whatley
- Young women and their dream lovers: sexuality in adolescent fiction / Linda K. Christian-Smith
- What friends are for: on girls' misogyny and romantic fusion / Sharon Thompson
- Daring to desire: culture and the bodies of adolescent girls / Deborah L. Tolman
- Speaking across cultures within your own family / Janet R. Kahn
- Teens talk sex: can we talk back? / Robert E. Fullilove, Warren Barksdale, and Mindy Thompson Fullilove.
- Kinsey subjects
Sex behavior--Adolescent--United States.
Sex attitudes--Adolescent--United States.
- Subject headings