Eastern love : English versions ...
Eastern love : English versions ... / by E. Powys Mathers.
London : John Rodker for subscribers, 1927 (London : Molyneaux)
12 v. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Other contributors
Mathers, E. Powys (Edward Powys), 1892-1939.
Oriental prose and poetry in English translation.
Author's translation of Sanskrit, Arabic and Chinese texts from various French translations.
Includes terminal essays on the works by Mathers.
"This edition ... is here translated into English for the first time, by E. Powys Mathers ... The copper plate engravings are by Hester Sainsbury and have been printed and hand coloured by Messrs. A. Alexander and sons, Ltd."
- v. 1. The lessons of a Bawd / Damodaragupta
- v. 2. The harlot's breviary / Kshemandra
- v. 3. The book of women = Zenan-nameh / Fazil-bey. The education of wives = Ta'dib ul-nisvān
- v. 4. The young wives' tale = Kissat al'arā'is al-sabīya / Amor ben Amar. Tales of Fez
- v. 5. The loves of Rādhā and Krishna. Amores of Amaru and Mayūra
- v. 6. Love stories and gallant tales from the Chinese
- v. 7. Comrade loves of the samurai / Saïkaku Ebara. Songs of the geishas
- v. 8. Ninety short tales of love and women from the Arabic
- v. 9. The loves of Dāsīn and Musa-ag-Amastān. Camel boy rhythms
- v. 10. Love tales of Cambodia. Songs of the love nights of Lao
- v. 11. Anthology of Eastern love, v. 1
- v. 12. Anthology of Eastern love, v. 2. Terminal essays / E. Powys Mathers.
BM, v. 155, col. 363.
- Kinsey subjects
Status of women--Asia.
- Subject headings