Sexuality in eighteenth-century Britain
Sexuality in eighteenth-century Britain / Paul-Gabriel Boucé, editor.
Manchester, England : Manchester University Press ; Totowa, N.J. : Barnes & Noble, c1982.
xii, 262 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Other contributors
Includes selective index.
Includes bibliographical notes.
- Some sexual beliefs and myths in eighteenth century Britain / Paul-Gabriel Bouceé
- The mythology of love: venenean (and related) iconagraphy in Pope, Fielding, Cleland and Sterne / Douglas Brooks-Davies
- The birth of Tristram Shandy: Sterne and Dr. Burton
- Sex, scatology, smollet / Robert Adams Day
- 'The books of generation': some observations on the style of the English midwife books, 1674-1764
- The veil of chastity: Mary Astell's feminism / Ruth Perry
- Mixed feelings: the Enlightenment and sexuality in eighteenth-century Britain / Roy Porter
- Patterns of sexual behavior in some eighteenth-century novels / John Valdimir Price
- The breeches part / Pat Rogers
- Nymphomania, Bienville and Therise of erotic sensibility / G.S. Rousseau
- Sexual mores nad attitudes in Enlightenment Scotland
- The pornographer in the courtroom: trial reports about cases of sexual crimes and delinquencies as a genre of eighteenth-century erotica / Peter Wagner.
- Kinsey subjects
Sex behavior--England--18th century.
- Subject headings
0719008654 (Manchester University Press) :
0389203130 (Barnes & Noble)