Sex, love, and health in America : private choices and public policies
Sex, love, and health in America : private choices and public policies / edited by Edward O. Laumann and Robert T. Michael.
Chicago : University of Chicago Press, 2000.
x, 535 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Other contributors
Laumann, Edward O.
Michael, Robert T.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 493-516) and indexes.
- Introduction : setting the scene / Edward O. Laumann and Robert T. Michael.
- Teenage sex and the sexual revolution / Kara Joyner and Edward O. Laumann. ; Choices leading to teenage births / Robert T. Michael and Kara Joyner.
- Sexual expression in America / Edward O. Laumann and Yoosik Youm.
- Sexual contact between children and adults : a life-course perspective / Christopher R. Browning and Edward O. Laumann, and Stuart.
- Race, gender, and class in sexual scripts / Jenna Mahay, Edward O. Laumann, and Stuart Michaels.
- Emotional and physical satisfaction with sex in married, cohabiting, and dating sexual unions : do men and women differ? / Linda J. Waite and Kara Joyner.
- Circumcision in the United States : prevalence, prophylactic effects, and sexual practice / Edward O. Laumann, Christopher M. Masi, and Ezra W. Zuckerman.
- Reported changes in sexual behavior in response to AIDS in the United States / Joel A. Feinleib and Robert T. Michael.
- Racial/ethnic group differences in the prevalence of sexually transmitted diseases in the United States : a network explanation / Edward O. Laumann, Anthony Paik, and Raymond C. Rosen.
- Abortion decisions in the United States / Robert T. Michael.
- Private sexual behavior, public opinion, and public health policy related to sexually transmitted diseases : a U.S-British comparison / Joel A. Michael, ...[et.al].
- Private sex and public policy / Robert T. Michael.
- Kinsey subjects
Sex behavior--United States.
Sex customs--United States.
0226469670 (cloth : alk. paper)