Degenerate art : the fate of the avant-garde in Nazi Germany
Degenerate art : the fate of the avant-garde in Nazi Germany / [edited by] Stephanie Barron ; with contributions by Peter Guenther ... [et al.].
Los Angeles, Calif. : Los Angeles County Museum of Art ; New York : H.N. Abrams, c1991.
423 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 31 cm.
- Other contributors
Barron, Stephanie, 1950-
Guenther, Peter W.
Los Angeles County Museum of Art.
Art Institute of Chicago.
- Other titles
Kenneth Anger collection.
Published in conjunction with the exhibition to be held at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, Feb. 17-May 12, 1991, and at the Art Institute of Chicago, June 22-Sept. 8, 1991.
Includes note by Kenneth Anger.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Contains note written by Kenneth Anger.
- 1937: Modern art and politics in prewar Germany / Stephanie Barron
- Beauty without sensuality / George L. Mosse
- Three days in Munich, July 1937 / Peter Guenther
- Entartete Kunst, Munich 1937 / Mario-Andreas von Lüttichau
- "Educational Exhibition" / Christoph Zuschlag
- Fight for modern art / Annegret Janda
- On the trail of missing masterpieces / Andreas Hüneke
- Galerie Fischer auction / Stephanie Barron
- Musical facade for the Third Reich / Michael Meyer
- Film censorship during the Nazi era / William Moritz
- Works of art in Entartete Kunst, Munich 1937 / Dagmar Grimm, Peter Guenther, Pamela Kort.
- Kinsey subjects