Boogu yagga gal Jamaican mento
Boogu yagga gal [sound recording] : Jamaican mento.
Bexhill-on-Sea, East Sussex, England : Interstate/Heritage, p2001.
- Physical description
1 sound disc : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Publisher Number
HT CD 45 Interstate/Heritage
Count Lasher, Bedasse, Lord Lebby, Charlie Binger's Six, Count Lasher's Calypso Quintet, Charlie Binger and his Calypsonians, Jamaican Calypsonians, Chin's Calypso Sextet, and Lord Power & his Calypsonians.
- Portion of title
Biographical notes on the performers and historical notes by Richard Noblett, and lyrics (27 p.) inserted in container.
- Calabash (2:42) ; Miss Constance (2:41) (Count Lasher, vocals ; Chalie-Binger's Six)
- Dalvey gal/Parson (2:54) ; Slide mongoose (2:47) (Count Lasher's Calypso Quintet)
- Talking parrot (2:48) ; Cinemascope (3:01) (Count Lasher, vocals ; Charlie Binger and his Calpysonians)
- Dr. Kinsey (3:11) ; Etheopia (3:00) (Lord Lebby ; The Jamaican Calypsonians)
- No money no music (2:53) ; Rough rider (3:04) / E. Williams (Bedasse, vocals ; local Calpyso quintet)
- Boogu yagga gal (3:00) ; Depression (2:59) / E.F. Williams (A. Bedasse, vocals ; Chin's Calpyso Sextet)
- Big boy and teacher (3:20) ; Red tomato (3:17) ; Calypso pepperpot (3:13) ; Woman tenderness (3:12) / E. Williams (E. Bedasse, vocals ; Chin's Calypso Sextet)
- Walk and talk (3:06) ; Night food (3:04) / E. Williams (Bedasse, vocals ; Calypso Quintet)
- Look out fe you tongue (3:02) ; Jamaica gal (3:19) / E. Williams (Bedasse, vocals ; Jamaican Calypsonians)
- Mambo la-la (2:51) ; Special amber calypso (3:18) (Lord Power & his Calypsonians).