Lewd & notorious : female transgression in the eighteenth century
Lewd & notorious : female transgression in the eighteenth century / edited by Katharine Kittredge.
Ann Arbor : University of Michigan Press, c2003.
viii, 329 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
<Publisher description> http://www.loc.gov/catdir/description/umich051/2002011939.html
- Other contributors
- Variant title
Lewd and notorious
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- "Queer to queer" : the Sapphic body as transgressive text / Susan L. Lanser
- Claiming the "sacred mantle" : the memoirs of Lt̆itia Pilkington / Susan Goulding
- Elizabeth Carter's self-pun-ishment : puns, pedantry, and polite learning / Juliet Feibel
- A Carnival of Mirrors : the grotesque body of the eighteenth century British Masquerade / Elizabeth Hunt
- Lustful windows and old maids in late eighteenth-century English caricatures / Cindy McCreery
- Sensibility and speculation : Emma Hamilton / Betsy Bolton
- "Every like is not the same," or is it? : gender, criminal biographies, and the politics of indifference / Jessica Kimball Printz
- Elizabeth Canning and Mary Squires : representations of guilt and innocence in legal and literary texts, 1753-1989 / Judith Moore
- A mistress, a mother, and a murderess too : Elizabeth Brownrigg and the social construction of an eighteenth-century mistress / Patty Seleski
- Eliza Haywood, Sapphic desire, and the practice of reading / Catherine Ingrassia
- "A-killing their children with safety" : maternal identity and transgression in Swift and Defoe / Marilyn Francus
- Ruined women and illegitimate daughters: revolution and female sexuality / Julie Shaffer.
- Kinsey subjects
Women in literature--Great Britain--18th century.
Women history--Great Britain--18th century.
047211090X (cloth : alk. paper)
0472089064 (paper : alk. paper)