Exploring Japanese books and scrolls
- Franklin, Colin.
- Exploring Japanese books and scrolls / Colin Franklin.
- San Francisco : Book Club of California, c1999.
- xi, 156 p. : col. ill. ; 37 cm.
- Other contributors
- Clark, Jonathan, 1952- Artichoke Press.
- In slipcase. "This book was designed by Jonathan Clark at The Artichoke Press in Mountain View, California. The text is set in Scripps College Old Style, originally designed by Frederic W. Goudy between 1939 and 1947; this digital version was produced by Sumner Stone and is used by courtesy of Scripps College. The display face is Charlemagne, an Adobe type designed by Carol Twombly, who also drew the special version used on the title page. Decorations throughout the book are taken from traditional Japanese patterns. Scanning and lithography by Shoreline Printing, Mountain View. Bindings and slipcases made by Roswell Bookbinding, Phoenix. Four hundred and fifty copies were printed ... May-October 1999."--Colophon. Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Kinsey subjects
- Art--Japan. Scroll. Graphic arts.