Teenage sexuality : opposing viewpoints
Teenage sexuality : opposing viewpoints / Karin L. Swisher, book editor ; Terry O'Neill & Bruno Leone, assistant editors.
San Diego, CA : Greenhaven Press, c1994.
236 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Other contributors
Swisher, Karin, 1966-
O'Neill, Terry, 1944-
Leone, Bruno, 1939-
- Uniform series
Opposing viewpoints series (Unnumbered)
Includes bibliographical references (p. 226-228) and index.
- Changing family attitudes affect teen sexuality / Patricia Hersch
- Social attitudes affect teen sexuality / Catherine S. Chilman
- Popular culture affects teen sexuality / Joy Overbeck
- The media affect teen sexuality / Debra W. Haffner, Marcy Kelly & L. Brent Bozell III
- Sex education affects teen sexuality / Gary L. Bauer
- Pornography affects teen sexuality / Kenneth S. Kantzer
- Family breakdown causes teen pregnancy / Suzanne Fields
- Adults are responsible for teen pregnancy / Mike Males
- Teenage girls' low educational expectations pose pregnancy risks / Claire Brindis
- Cultural influences contribute to teen pregnancy / Leon Dash
- A variety of factors cause teen pregnancy / LaWanda Ravoira & Andrew L. Cherry Jr.
- Norplant will reduce teen pregnancy / Catherine O'Neill
- Norplant will not reduce teen pregnancy / Tom Bethell
- Welfare reform could reduce teen pregnancy / Phyllis Schlafly
- Eliminating government programs could reduce teen pregnancy / Howard Hurwitz
- Society's condemnation of illegitimacy can reduce teen pregnancy / Stephen Chapman
- Improved education could reduce teen pregnancy / Douglas J. Besharov
- Improving teenagers' quality of life could reduce teen pregnancy / Deborah L. Rhode
- Sex education is necessary / Sol Gordon
- Sex education is harmful / Dana Mack
- Schools should provide candid education on sexuality topics / Debra W. Haffner
- Schools should not provide sexuality education / Haven Bradford Gow
- Sex education programs should demand abstinence / Nancy Pearcey
- Many abstinence-based programs are harmful / Leslie M. Kantor
- Gay teens should be treated as high suicide risks / B. Jaye Miller
- Gay teen vulnerability to suicide is mere propaganda / Don Feder
- School curricula should support gay teens / Del Stover
- School curricula should not provide homosexual propaganda / Joseph Sobran
- Parents should support their gay children / Walter Fricke
- Parents should support their gay children and pray for their change / Stephen Arterburn & Jim Burns
- Homosexual teenagers should commit themselves to celibacy / Tim Stafford
- Homosexual teenagers should feel positive about their sexuality / Sasha Alyson.
- Kinsey subjects
Attitudes on sex education.
Attitudes on homosexuality.
1565101030 (lib. bdg. : acid-free paper)
1565101022 (pbk. : acid-free paper)