Trying to survive in times of poverty and AIDS : women and multiple partner sex in Malawi
Borne, Francine van den.
Trying to survive in times of poverty and AIDS : women and multiple partner sex in Malawi / Francine van den Borne.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands : Het Spinhuis, 2005.
xix, 362 p. : 1 map ; 23 cm.
<Table of contents only> http://www.loc.gov/catdir/toc/fy0610/2005477379.html
Health, culture, and society
Includes bibliographical references (p. -342) and indexes.
- Background and context, fieldwork and ethics
- Discourses about AIDS
- Ambiguities of marriage : women as victims and instigators of unstable unions
- "There's nothing for free" : poor 'single' women entrapped in fraying safety nets
- Multiple partner sex in historical perspective
- Bar girls and freelancers in and around drinking establishments
- The dynamics of social and sexual networking
- Bartering sex in times of AIDS : respecting, trusting, and helping one another
- 'Prostitutes' and the benefiting bar environment
- Kinsey subjects