Population, reproduction, and fertility in Melanesia
Population, reproduction, and fertility in Melanesia / edited by Stanley J. Ulijaszek.
New York : Berghahn Books, 2006.
viii, 243 p. : ill., maps ; 23 cm.
- Other contributors
Ulijaszek, Stanley J.
Fertility, reproduction, and sexuality ; v. 8
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Fertility and the depopulation of Melanesia: childlessness, abortion and introduced disease in Simbo and Ontong Java, Soloman Islands / Tim Bayliss-Smith
- The impacts of colonialism on health and fertility: western new Britain 1884-1940 / C. Gosden
- Purari population decline and resurgence across the twentieth century / Stanley J. Ulijaszek
- Migration and fertility of a small island population in Manus: a long-term analysis of its sedentes and migrants / Yuji Ataka, Ryutaro Ohtsuka
- Fertility and social reproduction in the Strickland-Bosavi region / Monica Minnegal, Peter D. Dwyer
- 'Emptiness' and complementarity in Suau reproductive strategies / Melissa Demian
- Cognitive aspects of fertility and reproduction in Lak, New Ireland / Sean Kingston
- History embodied: authenticating the past in the New Guinea highlands / Michael O'Hanlon
- Variations on a theme: fertility, sexuality and masculinity in highland New Guinea / Pascale Bonnemére
- Fertility among the Anga of Papua New Guinea: a conspicuous absence / Pierre Lemonnier.
- Kinsey subjects
1571816445 (alk. paper)
9781571816443 (alk. paper)