Conquest : sexual violence and American Indian genocide
Smith, Andrea, 1966-
Conquest : sexual violence and American Indian genocide / Andrea Smith.
Cambridge, MA : South End Press, c2005.
xviii, 246 p. ; 22 cm.
<Table of contents> http://www.loc.gov/catdir/toc/ecip055/2004030398.html
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Sexual violence as a tool of genocide
- Boarding school abuses and the case for reparations
- Rape of the land
- "Better dead than pregnant" : the colonization of Native womens' reproductive health
- "Natural laboratories" : medical experimentation in Native communities
- Spiritual appropriation as sexual violence
- Anticolonial responses to gender violence
- U.S. empire and the war against Native sovereignty.
- Kinsey subjects
Social conditions--North America.
Indians of North America.
0896087441 (alk. paper)
9780896087446 (alk. paper)
0896087433 (pbk. : alk. paper)
9780896087439 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Blmgtn - Kinsey Institute Library (by appointment only)
- Call Number
- 572.97 S54 c5 2005
- Kinsey Institute Library - Stacks