Children and sexuality : the Greeks to the Great War
Children and sexuality : the Greeks to the Great War / edited by George Rousseau.
New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2007.
371 p. ; 23 cm.
<Publisher description> http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0801/2007040786-d.html
<Table of contents only> http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0801/2007040786-t.html
<Contributor biographical information> http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0801/2007040786-b.html
- Other contributors
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Juvenile crime, aggression and abuse in fifth-century Athens : a case study / Michael Vickers and Daphne Nash Briggs, responses by Josephine Crawley Quinn and Alfonso Moreno
- Incest between adults and children in the Medieval world / Elizabeth Archibald, response by Elisabeth Dutton
- 'Under-age' sexual activity in Reformation Geneva / William G. Naphy, responses by Tom Betteridge and Nick Davidson
- Privilege, power and sexual abuse in Georgian Oxford / George Rousseau, response by Tim Hitchcock
- 'You have made me tear the veil from those most secret feelings' : John Addington Symonds amidst the children / George Roussau, response by Katherine D. Watson
- Platonic dons, adolescent bodies : Benjamin Jowett, John Addington Symonds, Walter Pader / Stefano Evangelista, response by Richard Dellamora
- The nineteenth-century photographic likeness and the body of the child / Lindsay Smith, response by Lawrence Gasquet
- Victorian girlhood : eroticizing the maternal, maternalizing the erotic : same-sex relations between girls, c. 1880-1920 / Alison Hennegan, response by Josephine McDonagh
- At once a-sexual and anal : Baden-Powell and the boy scouts / Elleke Boehmer, response by Mark Harrison
- Child sexual abuse - an anthropological perspective / Heather Montgomery.
- Kinsey subjects
Pedophilia in literature.
- Subject headings
Europe--Social life and customs.
0230525261 (alk. paper)
9780230525269 (alk. paper)