Women and the family
Women and the family.
Sakado-shi, Saitama-ken, Japan : Center for Inter-Cultural Studies and Education, Josai University, 1989.
110 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Other contributors
Jōsai Daigaku. Kokusai Bunka Kyōiku Sentā.
Review of Japanese culture and society, v. 3, no. 1 (Dec. 1989)
Papers of a conference on the subject "Women and the family" held at the National Women's Education Centre of Japan, March, 1989.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Introduction / Renée M. Kilmer & Thomas F. Lannin, Jr.
- Women's labor under patriarchal capitalism in the eighties / Chizuko Ueno
- The modern family and Japanese culture: exploring the Japanese mother-child relationship / Emiko Ochiai
- Love, sex, and marriage
- American style / Miriam M. Johnson
- Working mothers and families / Michiko Takahashi
- Family care for elderly in the United States / Emily Abel
- Aspects of an aging society / Motoko Serizawa.
- (cont.) Father-daughter incest: family dynamics, research findings, and survivor memoirs / Marily Yalom
- Married couples, separate surnames: a step toward more pluralistic lifestyles / Sumiko Hoshino
- Some thoughts on domestic violence in Japan / Mioko Fujieda
- Family planning, the state and the control of fertility / Irene Diamond
- Symposium "Women and the family": post-family alternatives / Taeko Tomioka ... [et. al.]
- The oracle / Takako Takahashi.
- Kinsey subjects
Status of women--Japan.
Status of women--United States.
Family research--United States.
Social conditions--United States.