From boys to men : social constructions of masculinity in contemporary society
From boys to men : social constructions of masculinity in contemporary society / edited by T. Shefer ... [et al.].
Lansdowne [South Africa] : UCT Press, 2007.
xiii, 280 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 241-268) and index.
- From boys to men : an overview / Tamara Shefer, Kopano Ratele, Anna Strebel, Nokuthla Shabalala, & Rosemarie Buikema
- The problems boys and men create, the problems boys and men experience / Jeff Hearn
- Researching and working with boys and young men in southern Africa in the context of HIV/Aids : a radical approach / Rob Pattman
- Multiple meanings of manhood among boys in Ghana / Akosua Adomako Ampofo & John Boateng
- Do you want to be a father? school-going youth in Durban schools at the turn of the 21st century / Robert Morrell
- Teenage masculinity : the double find of conformity to hegemonic standards
- 'Moffies, jock and cool guys' : boys' accounts of masculinity and their resistance in context / Kopano Ratele, Elron Fouten, Tamara Shefer, Anna Strebel, Nokuthla Shabalala, & Rosemarie Buikema
- South African boys with plans for the future : why a focus on dominant discourses tell us only a part of the story / Diana Gibson & Marie Rosenkrantz Lindegaard
- 'A woman cannot marry a boy' : rescue, spectacle, and transitional Xhosa masculinities / Pumla Dineo Gqola
- Social construction of masculinity on the racial and gendered margins of Cape Town / Elaine Salo
- Masculinities in the era of HIV/Aids : the perspectives of rural male Zulu youth / Reshma Sathiparsad
- Masculinities in the ANC liberation movement / Raymond Suttner
- Culture change, Zulu masculinity and intergenerational conflict in the context of civil war in Pietermaritzburg (1987-1991) / Mxolisi R. Mchunu.
- Kinsey subjects
Social conditions--South Africa.