Picturing men : a century of male relationships in everyday American photography
Picturing men : a century of male relationships in everyday American photography / John Ibson.
Chicago : University of Chicago Press, c2006.
xix, 237 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
<Table of contents> http://www.loc.gov/catdir/toc/ecip0518/2005025601.html
Reprint. Originally published: Washington, DC : Smithsonian Institution Press, 2002.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 203-229) and index.
- Whence came the void? : men's uneasy relationships in contemporary America
- The lost ritual : American men together in studio portraits
- Pageants of masculinity : photography as cultural performance
- Merry bands of brothers : military photographs through World War I
- Straightening up : the evolution of the team portrait
- Whatever happened to intimacy? : American men together in snapshots
- Men set free : World War II and the shifting boundaries of male association
- Out of the attic : vernacular photography and cultural studies.
- Kinsey subjects
Men--United States--19th century.
Men--United States--20th century.
Changing role of men.
0226368580 (pbk. : alk. paper)
9780226368580 (pbk. : alk. paper)