Illuminated manuscript page from Northern India
- Illuminated manuscript page from Northern India.
- Paper: size when matted 41 x 31 cm.
- Illustration and text on both sides. Language: Urdu. File one, shelf one.
- Side a: One illustrated panel--a man and a woman copulate in a garden structure. Nearby, a long-haired man, dressed only in trousers, watches. Side b: One illustrated panel--another couple copulates in a garden pavilion. The same man stands outside, but with head turned away. Bright colors, some details in gold. Paper smudged, torn and taped. Some worm holes. Double-windowed mat, red and brown. Incorrectly cataloged as Persian. Old call number retained for now.
- Kinsey subjects
- Book illustration. Voyeurism.