Gouache paiting of Vaslav Nijinsky as a satyr
- Avinoff, Andrey, 1884-1949.
- Gouache paiting of Vaslav Nijinsky as a satyr.
- Gouache painting. Sheet size: 0 1/8" h. x 6 3/8" w. Matted size: 16" h. x 11 3/4" w.
- Gouache paiting of Vaslav Nijinsky as dancing satyr on a cloud with roses. With the left hand he holds an enormous bee in flight, situated as to conceal genitalia. The painting probably refers to the Afternoon of a Faun, a dance which Nijinksky was the first to perform and one which he himself choreographed.
- Kinsey subjects
- Art--Russia--20th century. Satyrs. Modern dance.