Flaunting : style and the subversive male body in Renaissance England
Bailey, Amanda, 1966-
Flaunting : style and the subversive male body in Renaissance England / Amanda Bailey.
Toronto : University of Toronto Press, c2007.
x, 190 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -184) and index.
- 'Style is the man': defiant aesthetics and the culture of male youth
- Monstrous manner: clothing law and the early modern theatre
- Livery and its discontents in 'The Taming of the Shrew'
- The Italian vice and bad taste in Edward II
- Plotting style in Ben Jonson's London.
- Kinsey subjects