Dreams of trespass : tales of a harem girlhood
Dreams of trespass : tales of a harem girlhood / Fatima Mernissi ; photographs by Ruth V. Ward.
Reading, Mass. : Addison-Wesley Pub. Co., c1994.
242 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- My harem frontiers
- Scheherazade, the king, and the words
- The French Harem
- Yasmina's first co-wife
- Chama and the Caliph
- Tamou's horse
- The harem within
- Aquatic dishwashing
- Moonlit nights of laughter
- The men's salon
- World War II: view from the courtyard
- Asmahan, the singing princess
- The Harem goes to the movies
- Egyptian feminists visit the terrace
- Princess Budur's fate
- The forbidden terrace
- Mina, the rootless
- American cigarettes
- Mustaches and breasts
- The silent dream of wings and flights
- Skin politics: eggs, dates, and other beauty secrets
- Henna, clay, and men's stares.
A feminist in the Muslim world weaves her own memories with dreams of women who surround her in the courtyard of her childhood.
- Subject headings
- Kinsey subjects
Biographies of women.