Conjuring Black funk : notes on culture, sexuality, and spirituality
Williams, Hameed S.
Conjuring Black funk : notes on culture, sexuality, and spirituality / Herukhuti.
New York, N.Y. : Vintage Entity Press, 2007.
viii, 238 p. ; 22 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 225-235).
- Contents note
- Section 1-Culture
- What the funk...why the funk...how the funk?
- Why are you a sexologist?: an interview by Steven G. Fullwood
- Porn, pleasure, and profit
- Hogg by Samual R. Delany-A Review
- Fetish: for/of whom?
- Do you remember?
- (Gym) bodies that matter and why
- How bodies fit into opppression/liberation
- Putting the down low (black) man to bed
- How we use the master's tools to dismantle our house
- Scrambing/fighting to suck Farrakhan's dick: bmx-ny and NBJC
- Pimps & hos
- Common themes: The prison industrial complex and the HIV industrial complex
- Authentically assessing public health's response to HIV
- A day at the free clinic
- Whose booty is this?: barebacking, advocacy, and the right to fuck
- Section II-Sexuality
- Liberations or murder: ways we respond to ecstacy & pleasures
- On being a celibate, sex radical
- 10-step public health sex: a rational, socially responsible approach to fucking devoid of emotion, passion, and desire
- Sleeping with the enemy
- When love isn't enough
- Monogamy is a must!: a post-modern, neo-colonial imperative
- Sex: what's next?
- What right-wing, fundamentalist conservatives could argue if they were smart
- You know you're a freak when...
- De-fiend-ing polyamory: unpacking the Cinderella/Snow White myth and heterosexual ideal
- Get rid of them: 10 tips for identifying a relationship that is a waste of your time
- Sexual courage: the enduring legacy of Emmett Till and the war of terror
- Love, affection, fucking, and romance
- Section III-Spirituality
- The Beatitudes revisited
- When your deities have dicks and pussies
- Bitch's brew
- Black mama sauce
- Blaspheming to the choir
- To live
- The erotic as affinity: how I became a godfather and queer daddy
- The oath of sexual-spiritual liberation and cultivation.
- Kinsey subjects
Afroamericans and AIDS.
Social conditions--United States.
Afroamericans sex behavior.