Runaway daughters : seduction, elopement, and honor in nineteenth-century Mexico
Sloan, Kathryn A., 1961-
Runaway daughters : seduction, elopement, and honor in nineteenth-century Mexico / Kathryn A. Sloan.
Albuquerque : University of New Mexico Press, 2008.
xi, 244 p. : ill., maps ; 23 cm.
<Table of contents only> http://www.loc.gov/catdir/toc/ecip0819/2008021674.html
Includes bibliographical references (p. 185-237) and index.
- The physical and historical world of runaway daughters and their suitors
- The legal and normative world of runaway daughters and their suitors
- Making love in Mexico : the cultural context of courtship and gender relations
- Bearing witness : courtship and working-class neighborhoods
- Disobedient daughters and the liberal state : generational conflicts over marriage choice
- Runaway daughters : sexual honor and sources of female power.
- Kinsey subjects
Courtship customs--Mexico--Oaxaca (State).
Social customs--Mexicao--Oaxaca (State).
9780826344779 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0826344771 (pbk. : alk. paper)