Contemporary families and alternative lifestyles : handbook on research and theory
Contemporary families and alternative lifestyles : handbook on research and theory / edited by Eleanor D. Macklin, Roger H. Rubin.
Beverly Hills : Sage, c1983.
416 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
<Publisher description> http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0660/82010717-d.html
- Other contributors
Macklin, Eleanor D.
Rubin, Roger Harvey.
"Published in cooperation with the Groves Conference on Marriage and the family."
Also issued online.
- Foreword / Robert G. Ryder
- Prologue : The 1970s and American families (a comitragedy) / Catherine S. Chilman
- Part I: Lifestyle alternatives
- Singlehood / Peter J. Stein
- Nonmarital heterosexual cohabitation : an overview / Eleanor D. Macklin
- Voluntary childlessness : a critical assessment of the research / Jean E. Veevers
- Single-parent families : in the mainstream of American society / Edward H. Tompson, Jr., and Patricia A. Gongla
- Divorce : a frequent "alternative" in the 1970s / Sharon Price Bonham, David W. Wright, Joe F. Pittman
- Remarraige and stepfamilies : research results and implications / Catherine S. Chilman
- Dual-career/dual-work families : a systems approach / Mary W. Hicks, Sally L. Hansen, Leo A. Christie
- Commuter marriage : couples who live apart / Naomi Gerstel and Harriet Gross
- "Open" marriages and multilateral relationships : the emergence of nonexclusive models of the marital relationship / David L. Weis
- Gay male and lesbian relationships / Joseph Harry
- Radical community : contemporary communes and intentional communities / Gerry Brudenell
- Contemporary traditional families : the undefined majority / Sara B. Taubin and Emilly H. Mudd
- Part II: Lifestyle perspectives and issues
- Alternatives for the elderly / Paula L. Dressel and Beth B. Hess
- The present and future of alternative lifestyles in ethnic American cultures / Marie F. Peters and Harriette P. McAdoo
- Alternative lifestyles from an international perspective : a trans-Atlantic comparison / Bram Buunk
- Clinical issues in alternative lifestyles / Robert A. Phillips, Jr.
- The law and alternative lifestyles / Noel Myricks
- Teaching about alternative family forms and lifestyles / Anthony P. Jurich and Catherine A. Hastings
- Religious reactions to alternative lifestyles / Robert T. Francoeur
- Epilogue : Families and alternative lifestyles in an age of technological revolution / Roger H. Rubin.
- Kinsey subjects
Child parent relationships.
Extramarital sex behavior.
- Other subjects
United States Families - Sociological perspectives