The un-natural state : Arkansas and the queer South
Thompson, Brock, 1977-
The un-natural state : Arkansas and the queer South / Brock Thompson.
Fayetteville : University of Arkansas Press, 2010.
xi, 247 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Drag and the politics of performance
- Drag in the daylight
- Rags to drag riches
- The current reigning symbol of excellence
- A crime unfit to be named
- The ingredients of offense
- Race, sex, and queer renegotiated
- Public and private prejudice
- Constructing a gay life
- Creating space, separating the self
- Losing space, separating identities
- Mansion on the hill
- Economic opportunity and the queer community
- And then she came
- Epilogue: queer comes home.
- Kinsey subjects
Homosexual life styles--Arkasas.
Social customs--United States--Arkansas.
9781557289438 (cloth : alk. paper)
1557289433 (cloth : alk. paper)