Racism and sexual oppression in Anglo-America : a genealogy
McWhorter, Ladelle, 1960-
Racism and sexual oppression in Anglo-America : a genealogy / Ladelle McWhorter.
Bloomington : Indiana University Press, c2009.
viii, 430 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -420) and index.
- Introduction: Two great dangers
- Racism, race, race war : in search of conceptual clarity
- A genealogy of modern racism, part 1 : the White man cometh
- A genealogy of modern racism, part 2 : from Black lepers to idiot children
- Scientific racism and the threat of sexual predation
- Managing evolution : race betterment, race purification, and the American eugenics movement
- Nordics celebrate the family
- (Counter) remembering racism : an insurrection of subjugated knowledges.
- Kinsey subjects
Ethnic groups--United States.
Social conditions--United States.
9780253352965 (cloth : alk. paper)
0253352967 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780253220639 (paper : alk. paper)
0253220637 (paper : alk. paper)