Les sataniques : le sacrifice
- Rops, Félicien, 1833-1898.
- Les sataniques : le sacrifice.
- 1 etching.
- For further information see: M. Exsteens, L'oeuvre grave et lithographie de Felicien Rops, vol. 4.
- Soft ground etching of a nude woman lying on an altar. Floating above her is a grotesque figure. They are involved in coitus by means of the figure's penis, which is extremely long and slightly coiled around his legs. To each side is a grotesque cupid. Reporduced by heliogravure and dry-mounted.
- Kinsey subjects
- Art--Belgium--20th century. Etching. Intaglio prints. Coitus. Nudes in art--Female. Satanism. Deities. Grotesque in art. Penis in art.