Les sataniques : le calvaire
- Rops, Félicien, 1833-1898.
- Les sataniques : le calvaire.
- 1 etching.
- For further information see: Maurice Exteens, L'oeuvre grave et lithographie de Felicien Rops, vol. 4, no. 787.
- Soft ground etching of a demonic satyr nailed to a cross, strangling a nude woman below him by holding her hair with his feet. Behind them is a row of tall, flickering candles. Reproduced by heliogravure and dry-mounted.
- Kinsey subjects
- Art--Belgium--19th century. Etching. Intaglio prints. Satanism. Sadomasochism in art. Satyrs. Nudes in art--Female. Bondage.