Les exercises de devotion de M. Henri Roch
- Rops, Félicien, 1833-1898.
- Les exercises de devotion de M. Henri Roch.
- 1 etching : dry-mounted ; sheet size 15" h. x 10 6/16" w., matted size 16" h. x 11 3/4" w.
- For further information see: Maurice Exsteens, L'oeuvre grave et lithographie de Felicien Rops, vol. 2, no. 362. From back of mounting: L362 - eau fate originale. R488. E362 Exstens 499 1st etat. Inscriptions (clockwise): "To the Sacred Hearts," "The Song of Songs," "Shrines."
- A nude woman standing in before a mirror. With arms upraised, she is about to put on her chimes. To the right, a man is peering through the doorway. Surrounding the figures is a mass of baroque decoration that includes cupids, putti, vines, and the title, serving to form a large oval.
- Kinsey subjects
- Art--Belgium--19th century. Etching. Nudes in art--Female. Voyeurism. Deities.