Pathophysiology & pharmacology in nursing
Ashelford, Sarah, author.
Pathophysiology & pharmacology in nursing / Sarah Ashelford, Justine Raynsford & Vanessa Taylor.
London ; Thousand Oaks, California : SAGE/Learning Matters, 2019.
x, 427 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm.
- Other contributors
Raynsford, Justine, author.
Taylor, Vanessa (Vanessa Alison), author.
- Variant title
Pathophysiology and pharmacology in nursing
- Uniform series
Transforming nursing practice.
"Mapped to the 2018 NMC standards"--Front cover.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 410-419) and index.
- Section 1. Core concepts and key pathophysiological processes
- 1. Introduction to pathophysiology and pharmacology
- 2. The inflammatory response
- 3. Infection
- 4. The adaptive immune response
- 5. Cancer
- Section 2. Protective mechanisms
- 6. Pain
- 7. Nausea and vomiting
- Section 3. Systems diseases and conditions
- 8. Cardiovascular disease and hypertension
- 9. Respiratory diseases
- 10. Disorders of the gastrointestinal system
- 11. Diabetes / Margaret Bannister
- 12. Neurological conditions
- 13. Mental health conditions: Depression
- 14. Renal conditions.
"Pathophysiology and Pharmacology in Nursing has been carefully designed to provide an integrated introduction to both the biology of disease and the therapeutic agents that are used to manage them. It covers the basics of pharmacology, the core pathological concepts of inflammation, infection and cancer, as well as a systems based consideration of the pathophysiology and relevant pharmacology of common disorders. New to the second edition: All content updated and mapped to the 2018 NMC standards; Two new chapters on ‘Mental health conditions’ and ‘Renal conditions. The ideal starting point for student nurses to develop a robust, integrated knowledge of human disease and pharmacology, enabling them to provide care that is based on up-to-date knowledge of this important subject"--Publisher's website.
- Subject headings
- Medical subjects
9781526471376 (ePub ebook)