The compass and the radar : the art of building a rewarding career while remaining true to yourself
Gallo, Paolo, author.
- Preferred Title
Bussola del successo. English
The compass and the radar : the art of building a rewarding career while remaining true to yourself / Paolo Gallo.
London ; New York : Bloomsbury Business, 2019.
xx, 288 pages : illustrations, map ; 23 cm
Translated from the Italian.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 267-280) and index.
- The hidden treasure
- The compass
- Before setting off : understanding which is the right village for us
- Destination identified : arriving at the village that's right for us
- Entering the village : how to gain trust
- Meeting the locals : understanding the rules of the game
- The pact with the devil : the price to pay for your career
- Success inside the village : how to build a career and remain a decent person
- Should I stay or should I go? : deciding whether to stay in the organization or leave
- Taking stock of the journey : what really matters?
- The future of jobs and the jobs of the future.
"Paolo Gallo offers a unique pathway toward identifying the right career, finding the ideal job and developing a moral compass--the solid value system that will then anchor the reader in their professional lives. With a creative and engaging mix of coaching practice, management theories, case studies and personal story-telling, this book helps readers to identify both their own compass--which relates to integrity, passion and internal value systems--and radar--which helps them to understand organizational complexity and 'read' workplace dynamics and situations. The Compass of Success is founded on a series of searching questions that will enable anyone to find their compass and radar to achieve personal success: how can I find out what my real strengths and talents are?; do I love what I do?; how can I find a job with a company that truly reflects my values?; what are the prices I am willing to pay for a meaningful and rewarding career?; how should I define a successful career? Key chapters offer practical tools, as well as insights on the trade-offs and difficult choices that everyone will need to make at some point in their careers--all of which will underline the importance of having the most robust moral compass. In the midst of a volatile and uncertain world, one in which technology, AI and digital resources are transforming the work environment, The Compass and the Radar allows readers to pause, reflect, and consider who they are, what they stand for, and how to remain free."--Publisher's description.
- Subject headings
9781472958808 electronic book
9781472958815 electronic book